Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Oakland Zoo




Well, yesterday I went to the Oakland Zoo with Josh, Nate, Matt, Kori, Elise, and Miriam. It was a random group but very fun. First off we bought this really cool plastic key to listen to the little talking boxes by each animal, I was so excited, but it didn't even work on the first few and the funny thing is Nate decided to give it to a little kid so we didn't even really use it. We were a little slow due to someone with a fragile body. I ended up giving Kori a piggyback ride around a lot of the park because she jacked her ankles on a trampoline and walking down stairs. It was probably the farthest I've ever carried someone of my back. But anyways we saw monkeys...or wait, were they APES!!! Nate and Matt turned into monkeys with their mating calls and the elephants were MIA when we finally got to the exhibit. The highlight had to be the sky-ride, lol, we went so fast, well maybe not, but we did get to see the mystery animals in the back. I don't know if they were the rejects or there just wasn't a place for them to be. Nate and I also played "what would the worst place to fall off this ride be?" We both agreed falling into the Lion's Den or on the corner of the barbed wire fence wouldn't feel very good.Overall the trip was a lot of fun and a little bit of my childhood came back.

No comments: